member sign in
ISBNPA - BMC 2017 Scholarships
ISBNPA and BioMed Central (BMC), the editors of our IJBNPA, are pleased to be able to offer scholarships for ISBNPA 2017 attendees from low and middle income countries. Up to 10 eligible attendees will receive support for registration, travel and accommodation expenses.
Those currently residing and studying or working in low and middle income countries as recognised by the World Bank (see http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Those living and studying or working in a high income country and funded by an institution in a low or middle income country are also eligible.
We take proud in letting you know that the ISBNPA fellows' registration fees and a generous offer from Prof Hans Brug are providing part of the funds to this initiative.
Registration fees will be waived (including the Welcome Ceremony, reception on the first day, and attendance at all sessions but not the Gala Dinner) for up to 10 attendees. Scholarships will provide up to USD1500 for travel and accommodation for each recipient. Please note that this is unlikely to cover all expenses incurred in attending the meeting and attendees will be expected to self-fund any shortfall.
Applicants must have submitted an abstract at the time of application for this scholarship and must be the presenting author. Funds will be available to the recipients once they have registered onsite at the conference and not beforehand. Recipients must therefore be able to cover all costs of getting to the conference itself. Recipients will be offered the opportunity to participate in the ISBNPA mentoring program.
Please complete the expression of interest form available HERE (email to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions) by 03 March 2017 if you currently reside and work or study, or are funded by an institution, in a low or middle income country and would like to apply for this support to attend the meeting in Victoria.
Criteria for applicants:
- Currently working or studying and living in a low or middle income country OR
- Currently working or studying and living in a high income country but funded by an institution in a low income country with a letter of support from the funding institution; AND
- Have submitted an abstract for presentation at the 2017 meeting
- Are the presenting author of the submitted abstract
- ·Can cover all costs to get to the meeting – scholarship funds will be provided following presentation of receipts of expenses at the meeting
See you in Victoria!